Saturday, October 20, 2007

I've always considered myself to be a plant

I've always considered myself to be a plant killer, to have a "black thumb" instead of a green one. Lately, I've upgraded it to "plant abortionist," as I have District starting things from seed.

But, the Garden has introduced me to his plant that I can't possibly kill (without intent) - it's the Lazarus of Plants, the Rose of Jericho, the Resurrection Plant!

Here's a video of the in action:



Basically, it lives hangs out in the rain all curled up in the ball, conserving its moisture for a rainy day When that day comes, it unfurls, and becomes a beautiful green fern! I've got one in a bowl for water right now. The inside was still green to start with, and the package says it should be over open within 24 hours.

No comments: